The husband and I have been talking about what to do this weekend. There are a lot of options to think about so I wanted to share them with you in case anyone was looking too.
Saturday- March 3
1. Home Depot Kids Workshop– Check with your local Home Depot for availability but this is a FREE event from 9am- 12pm once a month that kids get to build a project. Tomorrow is the #20 Home Depot Race Car. The kids get the kit, paint, they get to hammer and build, a kid sized Home Depot apron to keep and a pin and certificate when they complete the activity. LittleM made a jewelry box in February and had a blast doing it. I would recommend getting there early though because we got there at 10am and by 10:30 they had already run out of the boxes and were giving kids other crafts to do.
2. Longwood Gardens OrKid Days– We have a membership to Longwood Gardens, so this will be free for us. If you are not a member, the tickets are $18 per adult, children under 4 Free, children 5-22 are $8. There is a lot going on during the OrKid Days, which is free once you buy your ticket. Be warned that your child will come home wet after playing in the children’s garden! At 12pm and 2pm there is a concert by Daria- World Music for Children. From 12-3pm the kids can make a rattle craft, pot a plant, and visit the Orchid Discovery cart. We have never had a bad time at the OrKid Days. Tires the kids out too with all the walking and excitement.
3. 22nd Annual Rehoboth Beach Chocolate Festival– I have never visited this, but who doesn’t love chocolate?! The offical description is ” It’s a fabulous day of chocolate, with tastes galore, vendors, a raffle, kids games and much more!”. That’s a bit of a long drive for us though.
4. Hagley’s Dollar Days– Again, we have never had a bad trip to Hagley museum and it’s only $1 to get in every Saturday, February- March. Beautiful surroundings to see the start of the du Pont empire, built on black powder. Great for kids of all ages, lots of interesting exhibits to explore.
Ok, those are just ideas for Saturday. I’m tired already just thinking about these and love all of the options. How to choose just one to do?
Sunday- March 4
5. Delaware Museum of Art– This offers free admission to everyone on Sundays. We took LittleM there one Sunday and it didn’t work out so well. I would recommend older kids to go there.
6. Air Mobility Command Museum– Located in Dover, Delaware, on the Air Force Base. It is a super interesting museum (that I can totally geek out at with all the history!) that is mostly outside because of the actual planes that they have on exhibit to preserve there. But was it really awesome is that you are allowed to go into the planes (and even the cockpits of most) to get up close and personal with them. Sunday is supposed to be a pretty good day weatherwise so I may be able to convince my husband to go! It is free admission (they do have spots for donations though to help with the upkeep), free parking, open from 9am-4pm Tuesday- Sunday. I highly recommend visiting this museum. Great for kids to since they can run around outside and be inside all the planes.
Well, now I just have to figure out what we actually want to do this weekend because while I want to get out of the house, I also want to be able to relax a little! Hope you guys have a great adventure this weekend!
Let me know if anyone is interested in joining us on any of our adventures this weekend. It’s more fun with friends!