Here are just a few of the fun things happening this weekend in northern Delaware.
Saturday, March 10
1. Wilmington’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade at12 p.m.The parade begins at Fourth and King streets and runs north on King to St. Patrick’s Church on 15th St.
2. Brandywine Zoo is having a free Spring Event from 10am-3:30pm. This is going to include live entertainment, games, and crafts.
3. Or you can head to the Philadelphia Zoo to meet the Lorax between 10am and 2 pm on the hour. There will also be readings of the story, but you do have to pay regular admission unless you are a member.
4. Kirkwood Library has a program at 2:30pm titled “Under the Skirt: Tour of the Civil War” to celebrate Women’s History Month and the labors women had to go through just to get dressed during this time period. The New Castle County Libraries have amazing programs going on all the time. Make sure to check the Happenings Guide to see what’s coming up and when. Some programs require registration so double check the information before going. I know the Hockessin Library has a Sid the Kid program on March 23rd (a Friday) at 10:15 that they are registering for now. Sadly, LittleM and I can’t go because I have work. But it sure sounds cool.
5. Tshirt Tote Bage Make-it Take-it at Michaels craft store by the Christiana Mall (ages 3 and up). From 1pm-3pm. You must purchase a Tshirt at the store for the craft.
Sunday, March 11
I couldn’t really find a lot going on Sunday but we’re going to be crafting for St. Patrick’s Day decorations in the house. You can use one of the toilet paper tubes for one of the crafts, and then we’ll be making thumb print shamrocks (so get out your green ink pad). I’ll post pictures and directions on Sunday after we complete the crafts.
I hope you have an adventurous weekend!