Aside from Tuesday and Friday, the weather in Northern Delaware looks rainy this upcoming week. What is the difference between “Scattered Thunderstorms” and “Isolated Thunderstorms”? It sounds the same to me. So, based on that weather report, here are some ideas of indoor activities:
Saturday, July 14:
1. 10:30AM Family Music Time at Kirkwood Library (Free)
2. 11 am is storytime at Barnes and Noble at the Christiana Mall. A really cute story area, great train set to play with, play area in the mall in front of Target if they get bored there. (Free- unless you can’t leave a bookstore without buying anything, which is totally me!)
Tuesday, July 17: Lots of ideas to choose from
1. 10:30AM $1 movies at Regal Theaters with their Summer Movie Express. People’s Plaza is showing Kung Fu Panda 2 or Rango, Rt 202 is showing Adventures of Tin Tin or Puss in Boots.
2. 10:30AM Newark Library Storytime and Craft. This is usually pretty busy so be prepared for that. (Free)
3. 11AM Barnes and Noble Storytime (Free)
4. 1PM Family Movie at Newark Library (Free)
5. 10AM -3PM Terrific Tuesdays at Winterthur Museum (see previous post for costs)
Wednesday, July 18
1. 10:30 Regal Theaters- see #1 for Tuesday above.
2. 2pm “The Disenchanted Dragon” play at Kirkwood Library. (It’s also being done at 10:30 at Newark Library but I think it may be less busy at Kirkwood). (Free)
Thursday, July 19
1. 11AM Storytime at Barnes and Noble (Free)
2. Delaware History Museum– This is located in Center City Wilmington on Market Street. Tickets are $6/adult, $4 for kids 3-18. They’re open 11AM-4PM. The museum is great, lots of interactive stuff for the kids while learning about Delaware History. What’s great though, and why you should get some friends together to go with you is that you also get into “Grandma’s Attic” in the same building. Tons of Playtime Activities with a school setting, store, kitchen, puppets, dress up, books, etc. LittleM had a great time there. It’s open Wed-Fri 11-4, Saturday 10-4 and if you want to wait it’s FREE admission on the first Friday of each month.
Friday, July 20
1.10:15 Learn to make your own Sidewalk Chalk at Hockessin Library but registration is required so make sure to call them and reserve a spot. 239-5160. (Free)
I hope this gives you some fun ideas to keep everyone busy and entertained during this possible rainy week! Let me know if you find anything else that you want me to add or share your adventures that you have during the rain!